Last updated: 27 March 2020
1. Who are we?
Your privacy is very important to us. That’s why we wrote this privacy statement (hereinafter the “Statement”). The purpose of this Statement is to describe how personal data are collected and used by us, Innov4agPacific, the owner and provider of this website (hereinafter referred to as “we”).
Our further contact details can be found under point 12 of this Statement, as well as the contact details of our data protection officer.
Unless otherwise stated, we are the data controller for the personal data collected under this Statement. A “data controller” refers to the person who determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
Regardless of which personal data we process or when and how we process your personal data, we always follow the following principles:
- personal data must be fairly and lawfully process;
- personal data must be processed for specific purposes only and not for anything else;
- personal data must be adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- personal data must be accurate and up to date;
- personal data must not be kept for longer than it is needed;
- personal data must be processed in line with individuals rights;
- personal data must be kept secure;
- personal data must not be transfer to other countries without adequate protection.
2. How do we receive and process your information?
We collect information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- information we collect from you directly in the framework of the services you have requested from us;
- information we collect about you when you visit our websites and social media pages, or use our services;
3. Which data do we collect?
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data:
3.1. Data provided by you
You may want to give us your name and contact information (phone number or/and email address) to communicate with you. Data will be collected:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, email or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account;
- when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you comment publicly on our website;
3.2. Data collected automatically
- browser type and language;
- IP address;
- web pages you view;
- links you click;
- e-mails you open.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Innov4AGPacific to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your Internet browser. By default, most Internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your Internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up – to – date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, you can refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
This website may place the following Cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily
4. Why do we need your data?
We use the data we collect for the following purposes, described in more detail below:
- to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website
- to send communications, including promotional communications;
- statistical purposes and aggregate insights.
The information that we collect, either directly or indirectly, may be combined to help us improve its overall accuracy and completeness and to help us better tailor our interactions with you.
4.1. Providing our services
We use personal data of you, with respect to requirements on conformity, regulations, risk management and quality control, for various business purposes such as customer relationship and client account management.
We use the data we collect to deliver and personalize our communications with you. The information you provide to us, as well as the information we have collected about you indirectly, shall be used to keep you informed of Innov4agPacific professional and social activities and of any other subject that could be of interest to you and/or any one of them.
If you no longer wish to receive such information, you and/or they can send a request to this effect by e-mail at all times. Our contact details are mentioned under point 12.
You may at any time choose not to receive marketing materials from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each e-mail you may receive. Our contact details are mentioned under point 12.
We do not deliver third party online advertisements on our websites, but we advertise our products and services on others’ websites like Facebook or Twitter. Please familiarize yourself with those website operators’ or network advertisers’ privacy statements to understand their practices relating to advertising, including what type of information they may collect about your internet usage.
4.3 Statistical purposes and aggregated insights
We use your data for statistical purposes and to produce aggregate insights. For example, we may use data to generate statistics about the number of users, event participants, geographical breakdown, expertise and other, the number of ad impressions served or clicked on, or the demographic distribution of visitors to a site.
We may use such aggregated statistics for marketing purposes.
5. What are the reasons and legal basis for our processing?
Processing personal data must, of course, be done for legitimate reasons only.
We use and share your personal data based on your consent and this for the purposes mentioned in this Statement. You are at any time entitled to withdraw your consent. If you wish to do so, please contact us. Our contact details are mentioned under point 12 of this Statement.
6. With whom else do we share personal information?
We may share the abovementioned data with any local or foreign entity within its network, including those which support the Innov4agPacific platform and with service providers engaged by Innov4agPacific.
We may also use third-party service providers to perform certain processing on our behalf.
In case we share your information, we will undertake technical measures to ensure that your personal information is exclusively processed for the purposes mentioned in this Statement.
Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us. Our contact details are mentioned under point 12 of this Statement.
Only if we are required to do so by law, your personal information may be provided to supervisory agencies, fiscal authorities and investigative agencies.
7. Where do we process and store your data?
Personal data collected by us may be stored and processed in the Netherlands or UK (the locations of our web servers), or in any other country where our affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA.
We will only transfer Data outside the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, e.g. by way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by signing up to the EU – US Privacy Shield Framework, in the event that the organisation in receipt of the Data is based in the United States of America.
To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
8. How long do we keep your data?
We will retain your data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes detailed in this Statement. We will retain and use your data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. How do we secure your data?
We will use technical measures to safeguard your Data, such as:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
We also require that our processors protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
10. What are your rights?
We adhere to the European and national data protection law applicable in the Netherlands, which includes the following rights:
- if the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- you have a right to request from us access to and rectification of your personal data. You can send us a request to the contact details mentioned under point 12 of this Statement.
- you have a right to object to the processing of your personal data, including the right to object to direct marketing;
- you have a right to restrict processing;
- you have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority;
- you have a right to erasure, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. The broad principle underpinning this right is to enable you to request the deletion or removal of personal data whether there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
11. Can minors use our services?
It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 16.
12. Any questions or complaints?
The contact details are: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
13. How to deal with updates to this Statement?
We may modify or amend this Statement from time to time at our discretion. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement to be informed about how we are protecting your information.
14. Links to other websites