Year of Publication: 2020
View resource (external link)
Optimising the Performance of Producers’ Organisations (OPPO) – Towards a Farmer Inclusive Business Model
The seven tools that are profiled in this manual have been selected from the extensive 3-week WCDI OPPO course toolbox, validated by the Pacific experts/ farmer leaders and endorsed as relevant by Pacific stakeholders. The three additional tools (OPPO tools 8-10) are also selected from the course toolbox.
The goal is to motivate and enable Pacific value chain stakeholders to use the tools to conduct further in-depth analysis and training so that they become ‘game changers’ and proactively make a difference for thousands of family farms. Knowledge, joint learning, collaboration, trust and partnerships are key to successful innovation in Pacific agri-food systems for improved nutrition and incomes.
In this manual you will learn how to:
- Profile farmers, assess their resource endowment and understand farmer motivations;
- Assess the governance, management and performance of farmers’ organisations;
- Conduct value chain and stakeholder mapping;
- Formulate strategic orientations for action planning;
- Initiate the development of a farmer inclusive value chain/ agribusiness case.
Download the OPPO Manual here:
Download the accompanying complete OPPO Workbook here:
Get an overview of the OPPO approach and tools in this video:
You can also download each guideline individually below and watch the video explanation of each tool:
Additional OPPO Tools:
Download Pacific value chain and stakeholder maps here: